The Best LEGO® Electric Locomotive Award is awarded to the best designed and novel LEGO® model of an electric locomotive.
Electric locomotives may include freight and passenger locomotives, EMUs (Electric Multiple Units), trams and any locomotive which would be powered by electricity in the real world.
- This award category is for AFOLs (Adult Fans of LEGO®) aged 18 years or over
- Models must be railway / railroad themed
- This category is open to any single locomotive design
- Locomotive models must run on standard LEGO® train track. This includes large radius curves and points / switches.
- Models can be physically built or digital renders
This category is for entries of models including any electric-powered locomotive. Entries may make use of some third party elements including:
- custom bearings and axles
- custom wheel sets
- custom printed elements and decals
- custom rods