The Best Other LEGO® Locomotive Award is awarded to the best designed and novel LEGO® model of locomotives that don’t fit in to our other categories.
This category is for:
- Any locomotive or powered unit that doesn’t fit the Diesel, Electric or Steam locomotive award categories
- Under or over-scaled locomotive models. We classify this as under 1:35 or over 1:60 or so.
- Narrow gauge locomotive designs – these can be locomotives designed for LEGO® track with railheads of 5 studs or fewer apart (i.e., smaller than standard LEGO tracks), or larger-scale models built for standard LEGO® track
Entries must meet the following rules:
- This award category is for AFOLs (Adult Fans of LEGO®) aged 18 years or over
- Models must be railway / railroad themed
- This category is open to any single locomotive design
- Models must be physically built; you can enter digital models in the Best Digital Locomotive category
- Models and displays must be largely built in the past 24 months (as of the opening date of the awards)
Entries may make use of some third party elements including:
- custom bearings and axles
- custom wheel sets
- custom printed elements and decals
- custom rods