Ganz Eg 6 by Patricij Wiesner

Image of Ganz Eg 6 by Patricij Wiesner

Builder: Patricij Wiesner

About Ganz Eg 6 by Patricij Wiesner

The Eg 6 locomotive from Ganz és Társa-Danubius Budapest was produced in 1913 for P.O.H.É.V. (Pozsony Orszáhátárszeli Helyiérdekú Villamos Vasút). This company operated part of the Pressburgerbahn (electric local railway Pressburg - Vienna) in the Hungarian (since 1919 Slovak) territory. The locomotives were used to haul passenger cars of long-distance trains in the section Coronation Hill square - Country border in Kopčany, where replacement was necessary due to a different voltage system for the Kopčany - Gross Schwechat section.
the locomotives had to be equipped with a side collector to collect the current from the third feeding rail, which was used in the Kopčany switching station (changeover of direct current/alternating voltage locomotives).
The designation Eg stands for Elektrische Gleichstrom Lokomotive (direct current electric locomotive).

© Brick Train Awards, an idea by Bricks McGee and LNUR. The LEGO Group does not own or endorse the Brick Train Awards. LEGO® is a registered trademark of the LEGO Group.

Terms for competition entry. Press & media queries. In the media.

Website design by Peacock Carter