Pressburgerbahn (Ganz Eg 6 and Ringhoffer wagons BCa 1201 and BCDFa 1400) by Patricij Wiesner

Image of Pressburgerbahn (Ganz Eg 6 and Ringhoffer wagons BCa 1201 and BCDFa 1400) by Patricij Wiesner

Builder: Patricij Wiesner

About Pressburgerbahn (Ganz Eg 6 and Ringhoffer wagons BCa 1201 and BCDFa 1400) by Patricij Wiesner

Pressburgerbahn or Bécsi villamos (Hungarian) is the colloquial name for the railway line between the cities of Bratislava and Vienna, which was put into operation on January 22, 1914.
The set consists of The Eg 6 locomotive from Ganz és Társa-Danubius Budapest produced in 1913 for P.O.H.É.V. (Pozsony Orszáhátárszeli Helyiérdekú Villamos Vasút) and wagons L.W.P. BCa 1201 and BCDFa 1400 by the Ringhoffer factory in Prague produced in 1913.
The 69-kilometer electrified railway was opened in 1914, of which 12 km were in the territory of the city of Vienna and 7 km in the territory of today's Bratislava. Both were integrated into the urban tram transport network and partially used the rails of the given tramway (local tracks)
This above-ground part was and is equipped with a new system of single-phase alternating current (16.6 Hz, 16.5 kV), while parts of the track in the territory of cities were powered by direct current 600 V in Vienna and 550 V in Bratislava. After the Central Forest Railway in Tyrol, this railway was the second in Austria to be equipped with this system.

© Brick Train Awards, an idea by Bricks McGee and LNUR. The LEGO Group does not own or endorse the Brick Train Awards. LEGO® is a registered trademark of the LEGO Group.

Terms for competition entry. Press & media queries. In the media.

Website design by Peacock Carter