RhB Ge 2/4 221 – 222 by dolfmeister

Image of RhB Ge 2/4 221 – 222 by dolfmeister

Builder: dolfmeister

About RhB Ge 2/4 221 – 222 by dolfmeister

The Rhätische Bahn (RhB) required electric locomotives for the newly constructed Lower Engadine line between Bever and Scuol-Tarasp. The Swiss Locomotive Works (SLM) of Winterthur, and Brown, Bovery & Cie. (BBC) of Baden delivered seven Ge 2/4 in 1913. They were largely experimental, as high tension alternating current technology was in its infancy at the time.

Over the years, all except one engine saw rebuilds and alterations. Two were fitted with a new electrical system and electric brakes. They lost one pantograph, in order to create space for the resistor banks on the roof. After this modification, they were renumbered to 221 and 222.

No. 222 has survived into preservation with RhB historic, and it can be seen on light duty, and special outings.

© Brick Train Awards, an idea by Bricks McGee and LNUR. The LEGO Group does not own or endorse the Brick Train Awards. LEGO® is a registered trademark of the LEGO Group.

Terms for competition entry. Press & media queries. In the media.

Website design by Peacock Carter